Today, we shall enlighten you on how to get a Passport and an online e-passport in Uganda 2020. First of all, The Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control in Uganda rolled out a new International East African passports. Certainly, this was in order to replace the current ones with the most advanced passports in Uganda for 2020.
The exercise is an initiative of the EAC Heads of State to synchronize passports across the region. Furthermore, the e-passport is expected to comply with guidelines set by the International Civil Aviation Organization, making it acceptable around the world.
Similarly, Kenya is already issuing the latest passports in an exercise that started last year while Tanzania plans to do so in 2020. There are three kinds of passports – ordinary, official and diplomatic. They cost differently and they come in different colors.
How to Get a Passport e-Passport in Uganda 2020 Online
First of all, when applying for an ePassport in Uganda, you have to put the requirements together. These include;
1. Birth Certificate (See how to get a Birth Certificate if you don’t have one)
2. National ID (See how to get a national ID)
3. Must be a Ugandan citizen [A copy of their national ID is needed]
4. Two copies of passport size photograph. (Full face and ears should be visible. Also the background of the photos should be white.)
5. Other certificates (if needed): Marriage, Adoption, Dual citizenship, Naturalization (these apply in specific cases)
6. Payments: The costs of the different passports are as follows:
Ordinary passport (Shs250,000),
Official/service passport (400,000),
Diplomatic passport (500,000).
NB: For quick processing of an ePassport in Uganda, you will pay for Express service which costs Shs150,000.
The passport is certified for Shs30,000 and those abroad are charged Shs10,000 for courier service.
Hence, the above charges are exclusive of bank charges. Rather, the passport money can be paid at any URA revenue collection banks. For example, Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Barclays, Orient, etc.
Most noteworthy, ensure you get a receipt after making payments which you’ll attach to the passport application form.
Hence, other details that may be needed, apart from the aforementioned above is information about you and your parents or wife. After filling the form, drop to the nearest Passport Centre and wait for processing so you can go and pick it.
Finally, after the end of January 2021, only the International e-Passport will be valid for International travel.