Education is the main key to a successful future and a better life. Hence, attaining the right qualifications is a guarantee of getting the best or top-paying job in Uganda. This is because Uganda is one of the fast-developing countries in Africa and the world. In contrast, not all professions guarantee to be the best paying in Uganda. Rather, we also have the lowest-paying jobs in Uganda. Regardless, in this article, we are going to list the top 10 best high / highest paying careers and professions in Uganda from 2020 to 2021.
Top 10 Best Paying Professions in Uganda 2021
1.Pilot. First of all, becoming a pilot is not an easy career. This is because it is very expensive to study as well as it takes many years before completing the course. However, it is number one in the list of the top 10 best and highest paying jobs or professions in Uganda from 2020 to 2021.
2. Software Engineer. It’s one of the recently introduced courses after computer science and Information Technology. It’s high paying since everything is being computerized with advances in Technology. Software Engineering Salary in Uganda from 2020 to 2021 ranges between UGX 4-12 million per month.
3. Financial Analyst. It’s one of the highest paying careers in Uganda for the year 2021. Being a Financial Analyst is very marketable since money and finance dictates everything in the world. Furthermore one can take work in the stock bureau, insurance firms, Universities, Banks as well as audit companies.
Hence, having a Chartered Financial Analyst certification and a business-related degree is an added advantage.
4. Medical Doctor. Despite the government employed Doctors who keep on striking, most of them earn good salaries. However, private Doctors and nurses earn even triple to what government-employed Doctors get paid per month. As a result, most Doctors prefer being self-employed. Private Doctors earn about Ush 5-10 million per month. If you are interested in pursuing this course, you may find more information on the best medical universities in Uganda today.
5. Chief Executive Officer. Again, becoming a CEO or Manager in a big firm or company is a guarantee of a very high salary. Nonetheless, one needs to have at least 10 years of professional experience so as to be eligible for this position.
Best Paying Professions in Uganda 2021 Top 10 Careers List
6. Construction Manager. Their main role includes supervising and overseeing construction projects. Since Uganda is a developing country, construction managers earn good money indeed. Certainly, most of them earn about Ush 4-5 million per month.
7. Actuary. Individuals who have qualified as an actuarial scientist earn less than the same salary as Private Medics. That is the reason why it’s also on the list of the top 10 high or highest-paying professions in Uganda from 2020 to 2021.
8. Auditor. A Fully certified auditor who is a graduate is a guarantee of a good starting salary once employed. Auditors working with PWC, Deloitte, E&Y, and KPMG are highly paid in Uganda. Most of them may probably pocket up to Ush 6 million per month. For more details about pursuing a course in order to become an auditor, check the Best Business Schools in Uganda.
9. UN workers. Again, individuals employed at the United Nations of Uganda eat the flesh of Uganda big time. This is because a fresh graduate at UN earns approximately Ush 6-8 million. Similarly, experienced individuals may earn up to Ush 35 million per month.
10. Senior Accountants. Graduates who have studied accounting and have little experience are not paid very well. However, it’s one of the best and highest paying careers and professions in Uganda in 2020. Certainly, the accountants can earn up to Ush 4 million per month.
11. Lawyers. Finally, accredited lawyers and judges in Uganda can earn up to Ush 20 million per month.