In our previous article, we had a comprehensive article about the most educated and learned tribes in Kenya in 2020. Similarly, we also answered ‘which is the most richest tribe in Kenya’. Today, we shall enlighten you about the least educated tribes in Kenya from 2020 to 2021.
First, it’s good to note that the majority of the poorest tribe or societies in Kenya are also the least educated. Certainly, this is because of the tremendous aspects that are worth the transition or evolution to the current and modern world.
Secondly, tribes like the Maasai, Turkana, Pokot, and many others in Kenya retain their old myths even in the modern world. As such, there is a lack of proper education in the community, circulation of money, and so on.
For example, the belief that school education is not a must, health centers are not a guarantee to good health, and many other myths.
In summary, below is a list of the 10 least educated cultures in Kenya from 2020 to 2021.
Least Educated Tribes in Kenya
- Maasai. The Maasai are the least informed tribe in Kenya. This is because of their cultures and ways of livelihoods.
- Njemps tribe. Southern parts of Lake Baringo.
- Galla tribe. Eastern province.
- Gabra tribe. Chabli desert.
- Rendille tribe. North Eastern province.
- Orma tribe. Lower parts of the Tana River.
- Batsotso tribe. The western province of Kenya.
- Kauma tribe. The coastal region of Kenya. And finally,
- Chonyi tribe. The coastal region of Kenya.
As stated above, the least educated tribes in Kenya are the Turkana, Pokot, and Maasai. We shall keep you posted on the same page from time to time. It’s good to note that the list keeps on changing depending on the metamorphosis of the inhabitants of the respective regions.