Despite there are various insurance companies in Uganda, only a few rank in the list of the best in 2019-2020. Above all, the insurance companies in Uganda are monitored by the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda. IRAU is a government agency mandated to ensure effective administration, regulation, and control of the Insurance Business in Uganda.
Furthermore, they oversee the insurance business in the country. Consequently, this is to enable sustainable growth of the insurance industry while upholding the best practices. As a result, the insurance companies that meet the set standards are ranked as the best. Some of the standards an insurance company should meet include:
- Integrity, and
As a result, below is a list of the Best Insurance Companies in Uganda 2019-2020. Most noteworthy, they are regulated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda.
Non-life insurance companies in Uganda:
- AIG Uganda Limited.
- Basani insurance limited.
- Alliance Africa General Insurance Limited.
- Britam Insurance Uganda Limited.
- CIC General Insurance Uganda Limited.
- East African Underwriters Limited.
- NIC General Insurance Company Limited.
- Statewide Insurance Company Limited.
- The Jubilee Insurance Company of Uganda.
- TransAfrica Assurance Limited. And finally,
- UAP Insurance Uganda Limited.
Life Insurance companies in Uganda:
- GoldStar Life Assurance Company Limited.
- The Jubilee Life Insurance Company of Uganda.
- Liberty Life Assurance Company Limited.
- NIC Life Assurance Company Limited.
- Sanlam Life Insurance Company Limited. And finally,
- UAP Life Assurance Uganda Limited.