Today, we shall list of the top 10 richest people or man in Kenya in 2021 by Forbes. First of all, Kenya is a country in sub-Saharan Africa that is presumably one of the best in East Africa. However, the nation has been faced with numerous grafts and deterioration of shame that formulate and define its stagnation. This is because there have been numerous downfall and closures of production industries, lack of employment, increases theft of public funds and many more.
However, there are hopes that very soon, the nation will start to rise from all the siege it’s facing. Furthermore, President Uhuru Kenyatta is ranked the best in all times for Kenya in the fight against corruption. This is the reason as to why the Kenyan economy is steadily rising.
Despite all these challenges, there are Kenyans who are doing very well financially. In this article, we are going to list the top 10 richest people in Kenya who have simply made it. Even more, some have been listed in Forbes’s top richest in the Africa continent.
Who is the richest person in Kenya 2021?
Vimal Shah is the richest person in Kenya in 2021, with a net worth of over KES 140 billion today. Vimal Shah is an entrepreneur and industrialist, who’s company (Bidco Africa) is the largest economy in East and Central Africa.
NB: An individual’s Net worth refers to his/her net economic position, his/her assets minus the liabilities.
Top 10 Richest People in Kenya 2021 Forbes List
The list below entails individuals who have lots of money as well as assets. Furthermore, Kenya is the largest economy in East Africa, with a GDP of US$72.490 billion. Have a look at the latest top 10 richest people or man in Kenya 2021 Forbes rankings.
Richest People in Kenya 2021
1.Moi & Family. Their estimated net worth is $2.1 billion. The figures dropped from $2.7 billion in 2016 due to assets subdivision and financial commitments related to political affairs and power struggles. The late Moi is the richest man in Kenya 2021, according to Forbes. Moi is the number 1 and top in the list of billionaires in Kenya from 2000 to 2021.
2. Vimal Shah. USD 1.35 billion (KES 140 billion). Founder and Chairman of Bidco Oil Refineries Africa.
3. Nicholas Biwott and family. Likewise, their net worth is estimated to be USD 0.97 billion. Most notably, his net worth figures dropped from $1.52 billion to USD 965 million some months soon after his death.
4. Mama Ngina is the mother of Kenya’s fourth President Uhuru Kenyatta. Her net worth is USD 0.93 billion, KES 85 billion. She is among the top women who made it to Africa’s billionaire club.
5. Naushad Merali. USD 745 Million, Sameer Group. According to ecocnn, the late Naushad Merali is currently ranked as the 3rd richest person in Kenya in 2021.
6.Uhuru Kenyatta. Net worth 2021: US 471 million (KES 47 billion).
7. S. K Macharia. His total net worth s estimated to be “above” USD 430 million. He ranks 4th in the top 10 Forbes list of the richest man in Kenya in 2021.
8. Peter Munga. Net Worth 2021 – $311 million (KES 32 billion). CEO of Equity Group of Banks.
9. Manu Chandaria. USD 275 million (KES 28 billion). And finally,
10. Chris Kirubi. The late Chris Kirubi is estimated to be worth USD 219 million (KES 21 billion) after selling BIC in 2019.
Indisputably, the Forbes list of the top 10 richest man or people in Kenya in 2021 above is the most precise and accurate right now. However, we shall keep you posted on the same page as time goes by in case of any kind of changes.