Table of Contents
Today, we shall list the top 10 richest people or man in Kenya in 2023 according to Forbes. Firstly, Kenya is a country in sub-Saharan Africa that is presumably one of the most developed in East Africa. Kenya is a nation that has faced numerous grafts and deterioration of shame that formulate and define its stagnation. This is because there have been numerous downfalls and closures of production industries, lack of employment, corruption cases, and many more.
However, Kenyans are hopeful that the nation will rise from all the economic siege it’s facing. Furthermore, President William Ruto is ranked as one of the leaders who will transform Kenya in terms of development as compared to the former Presidents. This is the reason why the Kenyan economy is promising despite the current financial crisis in the country.
Although these challenges exixst, we have several Kenyans who are doing very well financially. In this article, we are going to list the Forbes top 10 richest people in Kenya in 2023 who have solely made it. Even more, some have been listed in Forbes’s top richest in the African continent.
Who is the richest person in Kenya 2023?
Vimal Shah is the richest person in Kenya in 2023, with a net worth of over KES 190 billion today. Vimal Shah is an entrepreneur and industrialist, who’s company (Bidco Africa) is the largest economy in East and Central Africa.
NB: An individual’s Net worth refers to his/her net economic position, his/her assets minus the liabilities.
Top 10 Richest People in Kenya 2023 Forbes List
The list below entails individuals who have lots of money as well as assets. The current President of Kenya Dr. William Ruto is also one of the richest men in 2023 right now.
Last but not least, Kenya is today the largest economy in East Africa, with a GDP of US$73.50 billion. Have a look at the latest top 10 richest people or man in Kenya in 2023 according to the Forbes rankings.
Richest People in Kenya 2023
1. Moi & Family. Their estimated net worth is $2.1 billion. The figures dropped from $2.5 billion in 2016 due to assets subdivision and financial commitments related to political affairs and power struggles. The late Moi (and family) is still the richest man in 2023, according to Forbes top 10 richest people in Kenya. Moi family are the number 1 and top in the list of billionaires in Kenya from 2000 to 2023.
2. Vimal Shah. Net worth 2023 – $2.1 billion (KES 230 billion). Final Shah is the Founder and Chairman of Bidco Oil Refineries Africa.
3. Nicholas Biwott and family. Likewise, their net worth is estimated to be $1.1 billion. Most notably, his net worth figures dropped from $1.52 billion to USD 1.1 billion some months soon after his death.
4. Mama Ngina is the mother of Kenya’s fourth President Uhuru Kenyatta. Her net worth is USD 0.94 billion, KES 85 billion. She is among the top women who made it to Africa’s billionaire club.
5. Naushad Merali. Net worth 2023 – $800 Million, Sameer Group. According to ecocnn, the late Naushad Merali is currently ranked as the 3rd richest person in Kenya in 2022.
6. Uhuru Kenyatta. Net worth 2023: KES 75 billion.
7. S. K Macharia. His total net worth s estimated to be “above” $670 million. He ranks 4th in the top 10 Forbes list of the richest man in Kenya in 2023.
8. Peter Munga. Net Worth 2023 – $350 million (KES 40 billion). CEO of Equity Group of Banks.
9. Manu Chandaria, net worth 2023 – $330 million (KES 35 billion). And finally,
10. Chris Kirubi. The late Chris Kirubi is estimated to be worth USD 230 million (KES 27 billion) after selling BIC in 2019.
Indisputably, the Forbes list of the top 10 richest men or people in Kenya in 2023 above is the most precise and accurate right now. However, we shall keep you posted on the same page as time goes by in case of any kind of changes.
Our list of the top 10 wealthiest Kenyans in 2023 is a compilation from top sites like The RichestInfo, ecocnn, and Eafeed.