This is a guide list of the top 10 richest people or man in Kenya in 2021 by Forbes. First of all, Kenya is a country in sub-Saharan Africa that is presumably one of the best in East Africa. However, the nation has been faced with numerous grafts and deterioration of shame that formulate and define its stagnation. This is because there have been numerous downfall and closures of production industries, lack of employment, increases theft of public funds and many more.
However, there are hopes that very soon, the nation will start to rise from all the siege it’s facing. Furthermore, President Uhuru Kenyatta is ranked the best in all times for Kenya in the fight against corruption. This is the reason as to why the Kenyan economy is steadily rising.
Despite all these challenges, there are Kenyans who are doing very well financially. In this article, we are going to list the top 10 richest people in Kenya who have simply made it. Even more, some have been listed in Forbes’s top richest in the Africa continent.
NB: An individual’s Net worth refers to his/her net economic position, his/her assets minus the liabilities.
Top 10 Richest People in Kenya 2021 Forbes List
The list below entails individuals who have lots of money as well as assets. Furthermore, Kenya is the largest economy in East Africa, with a GDP of US$72.490 billion. Have a look at the latest top 10 richest people or man in Kenya 2020 Forbes rankings.
Top 10 Richest Men in Kenya 2021
1.Moi & Family. Their estimated net worth is $2.1 billion. The figures dropped from $2.9 billion in 2016 due to assets subdivision and financial commitments related to political affairs and power struggles. The late Moi is the richest man in Kenya 2020, according to Forbes. Moi is the number 1 and top in the list of billionaires in Kenya 2020.
2. Nicholas Biwott and family. Likewise, their net worth is estimated to be USD 0.97 billion. Most notably, his net worth figures dropped from $1.52 billion to $0.97 billion some months soon after his death.
3. Bhimji Depar Shah. USD 950 million. Founder and Chairman of Bidco.
4. Mama Ngina is the mother of Kenya’s fourth President Uhuru Kenyatta. Her net worth is USD 0.93 billion, Sh85 billion. She is among the top women who made it to Africa’s billionaire club.
5. Naushad Merali. USD 740 Million, Sameer Group.
6. S. K Macharia. His total net worth s estimated to be “Above” USD 714 million. He ranks 6th in the top 10 Forbes list of the richest man in Kenya in 2020.
7. Atul Shah. Owner of Nakumatt. He dropped in the list after the closure of various branches of Nakumatt Branches in Kenya and East Africa. He’s USD 502 million net worth.
8. Uhuru Kenyatta. Net worth of US 471 million.
9. Chris Kirubi. His net worth is over USD 434 million after selling BIC in 2019.
10. Raila Odinga. His net worth is USD 330 million. In the year 2017 after the elections, his net worth was USD 208 million. Thereafter, he gained a steady rise just after the political handshake coalition with Uhuru Kenyatta. Likewise, after the job role for the Africa Union affairs in the year 2018. And finally,
11. Manu Chandaria. USD 305 million.