In our previous posts, we listed the top 10 richest musicians and artists in Tanzania. Similarly, we also covered the richest musicians in Kenya in the current year. In this article, we shall list the Forbes top 10 richest musicians in East Africa for the year 2021.
It all goes without saying that the music industry in East Africa has tremendously prospered over the past 1-2 decades. We have to say that it’s a great success especially for the artists and musicians who frequently top the charts. This is because they are earning decent salaries that make them prominent in the showbiz fraternity.
Richest Musician in East Africa 2021
First, Ugandan musician Bobi Wine tops the list of Forbes top 10 richest musicians in East Africa from 2020 to 2021. Despite the earnings from his music, he also earns from the government as a Member of Parliament. Similarly, being a controversial politician, he engages in numerous financial sponsorships from NGOs, overseas nations, and many other sources of income. In other words, we all know how politics is usually broiled across the world for financial benefits.
Likewise, he earns over $15,000 every month from his apartments and rental houses in Uganda. Bobi Wine comfortably sits at the top list of the richest musicians and celebrities in East Africa in 2020.
On the other hand, most of the music lovers have heard of the miss independent lady called Singer Akothee. Akothee is the richest female artist in East Africa today or in 2020. Here is a full list of the top 10 Richest Celebrities in Kenya right now.
In summary, we will list the name of the musician or celebrity. Then, we will state their line of work and nationality.
Top 10 Richest musicians in East Africa 2021
- Bobi Wine – Artist, Activist and Politician, Uganda. He ranks 1st in the Forbes top 10 list of the richest musicians in East Africa from 2020 to 2021.
Net worth: $7 Million
- Jose Chameleone – Singer and Songwriter, Uganda. Jose Chameleone is the 2nd most richest musician in East Africa from 2020 to 2021.
Net worth: $6.2 Million
- Diamond Platnumz – Singer and Producer, Tanzania
Net worth: $5.1 Million
- Professor Jay – Recording artist, Entrepreneur, and Politician, Tanzania
Net worth: $3.1 Million
- Jaguar – Singer, Producer and Politician, Kenya
Estimated net worth: $3.2 Million
- Akothee – Singer, Philanthropist, and Entrepreneur, Kenya
Net worth: $3.2 Million
- Bebe Cool – Recording Artist and Entrepreneur, Uganda
- Sauti Sol – Recording Artists and Songwriters, Kenya
- Ragga Dee – Singer and Producer, Uganda
- Grace Nakimera – Singer, Songwriter and Model, Uganda
NB: Finally, the top 10 list above estimates the Forbes net worth of the richest musicians in East Africa from 2020 to 2021. As such, we shall keep you updated on any changes to the rankings as soon as possible.