Kiambu County UDA nominees and nomination results 2022
Kiambu is one of the counties in Kenya with the highest number of voters since the devolution governance system in the country. As such, political ripples in Kiambu County do matter a lot in any election year in Kenya.
In this article, we shall enlighten you about all the successful nominees and nomination results via the UDA Party of Kenya in 2022. Before we jump to that section, it’s good to note that UDA Party is one of the strongest parties in Kenya right now, that’s governed by Dr. William Ruto.
In summary, below is a list of the individuals expected to govern the Kiambu County from August 2022 upon completion of the Kenya national election.
Kiambu County UDA Nominees 2022
1. Hon. Paul Kimani Wamatangi – Governor. Kimani Wamatangi won the Kiambu UDA nominations for governor with a 56% + results. Paul Wamatangi has served as the senator of Kiambu County since 2013. His vision is to serve as a Governor of Kiambu County from September 2022 upon a victory against James Nyor.
2. Karung’o wa Thang’wa – Senator.
There were no nominations for the position, as Karung’o had no competition after speaker Stephen Ndichu resigned to support him. That Karung’o got a direct ticket to the UDA.
3. Dr. Anne Wamuratha – Women’s representative. Anne Wamuratha won the Kiambu Women Rep UDA Party ticket after winning against his immediate candidate Loise Kim.
4. Charles Thiong’o – Githunguri. Charlses won a ticket with 12,000 votes, where she defeated the current female representative Kiambu.
5.Mburu Kahangara. Lari.
He won against individuals like Joseph Karichu and David Njuguna Kiburi.
6. Kimani Ichung’wa – Kikuyu.
He has no opponents and therefore has a direct ticket to the UDA. There are no nominations for this position in Kikuyu.
7. GG Kagombe – Gatundu South. He won the Gatundu South MP ticket and is now facing parliamentary elections in August. GG Kagombe’s vision is to replace Moses Kuria.
Simon King’ara – Ruiru.
He won the Ruiru Constituency UDA ticket with a very big margin defeating Senator Isaac Mwaura.