Today, we shall list the Forbes top 10 highest-paid athletes in the World for the year 2022. Firstly, according to our research, we found out that footballers emerged as the prime on the list.
First of all, elite athletes comprise marathon runners, footballers, basketball players, boxers, and many more. Floyd Mayweather is intending to waive and that may probably be the reason for his rank decline. He has not made any positive returns on his earnings from 2018 to date.
Who is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World 2022?
Lionel Messi is the world’s highest-paid athlete in the World from the year 2020 to 2022. Certainly, Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has this season got a challenge from Lionel Messi. This is because the Argentine footballer emerged as the altogether highest-paid football player in all the Athlete categories. Furthermore, Lionel Messi won the Ballon D’or Award in the 2019 awards.
In summary, below is a list of Forbes top 10 highest-paid athletes in the world for the year 2022.
Top 10 Highest-Paid Athletes in the World 2022
- Lionel Messi – $127.5 million (Footballer).
- Cristiano Ronaldo – $109 2 million (Footballer).
- Neymar – $105.8 million (Footballer).
- Canelo Alvarez – $95 million (Mexican professional boxer).
- Roger Federer – $93.5million (Tennis Player).
- Russell Wilson – $89.6 million (American Football Footballer).
- Aaron Rodgers – $89.5 million (American Football Footballer).
- LeBron James – $89.1 million (Basketball player).
- Stephen Curry – $79.9 million (Basketball player). And finally,
- Kevin Durant – $65.7 million (Basketball player).
Lastly, here are the highest-paid female athletes in the world in 2022.