In our previous article, we shared a comprehensive list of the best banks in Uganda in 2021. Similarly, we also covered the best-paying banks in Uganda. Today, we shall educate you on the list of the best International and foreign banks operating in Uganda from 2021 to 2022.
First, it’s good to note that the Bank of Uganda is the Central Bank of Uganda. Furthermore, the Bank of Uganda is the biggest in Uganda right now. Certainly, the Bank of Uganda is mandated by the government of Uganda to regulate monetary policies and financial institutions across the country.
Commercial Banks in Uganda
Recently, the Bank of Uganda licensed 2 financial institutions making the number of Commercial Banks in Uganda 38. Here is a full list of Commercial Banks in Uganda 2021.
Which bank is worldwide in Uganda?
One of the most popular questions we encountered is Which bank is worldwide in Uganda? Global Trust Bank (Uganda) is the bank that is worldwide and also found in Uganda. However, we have other banking institutions in Uganda that are International or foreign.
In summary, below is a list of the best International or foreign banks that are operating in Uganda presently.
List of Best International banks operating in Uganda
- Global Trust Bank, Uganda | International
- Barclay’s Bank of Uganda | International
- Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited | Foreign
- Bank of Africa Uganda Limited.
- Equity Bank Uganda | Foreign
- DFCU Bank, Uganda | Foreign
- NCBA Bank Uganda
- Standard Chartered Bank | International
- KCB Bank Uganda Limited | Foreign
- Commercial Bank of Africa | Foreign
Other Best International Banks Operating in Uganda
- Imperial Bank, Uganda | Foreign
- ABC Bank Uganda Limited.
- Absa Bank Uganda.
- Bank of India Uganda Limited.
- Cairo Bank Uganda.
- Centenary Bank. Foreign
- Diamond Trust Bank of Uganda.
- East Africa Development Bank, Uganda.
- Housing Finance Bank. And finally,
- United Bank of Africa.