Best Private Universities in Uganda 2022 Top 10 LIST. First of all, Private universities in Uganda are struggling to be ranked among the best learning institutions in the country. Again, most are scrambling for learners and due to this, they are coming up with innovative ways to market themselves. Some times before, such universities bid to increase their student numbers in Islamic Universities. Rather, this was to facilitate a portal through which the students will be able to acquire education online from their homes. With this project, students would have access to a world-class education at their convenience.
In 1922, the British colonial administration constructed Makerere Technical College to train civil servants. In 1970, Makerere became the first national university and was the only university in Uganda. This was until 1988 when the Islamic University in Uganda (IUIU) was initiated. Moreover, since Makerere University was a public university, it provided free education in the country.
However, in the late 1980s and early 1990s, the heightening demand for higher education amidst declining budget allocations created room for private Universities. This is because there was a requirement for more institutions to provide education. Hence, many private universities were established.
How many Private Universities are in Uganda?
Currently, there are over 50 private universities in Uganda today. Certainly, the number of private universities in Uganda has gone up from one to about 50 and these are both secular and religious.
Also, the choice between a public and private university today is not based on the quality of education. Rather, it’s based on factors like the accessibility of a university, as well as whether the college is chartered or not.
Thus, the growth of private universities in Uganda was fueled by the government’s inability to provide sufficient higher education. In summary, below is a list of the top 10 to top 50 best private universities in Uganda in 2021.
What is the best private university in Uganda 2022?
Kampala International University is ranked as the best private university in Uganda from 2021 to 2022. On the other hand, Ndejje University is the first private university in Uganda that was
Top 10 Best Private Universities in Uganda 2022
- Kampala International University, Kansanga, 2001
- Africa Graduate University, Kampala. It’s the best private university in Uganda from 2020 to 2021.
- African Rural University, Kagadi, 2007
- Aga Khan University, Kampala, 2001
- Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara, 2003
- Uganda Christian University, Mukono, 1997
- Uganda Martyrs University, Nkozi, 1993
- Bugema University, Bugema, 1997
- Busoga University, Iganga, 1999
- Ndejje University, Ndejje, 1992
- All Saints University, Lira, 2008
- Ankole Western University, Kabwohe, 2005
- Africa Renewal University, Buloba, 2013
- African Bible University, Lubowa, 2005
- International Business, Science and Technology University, Kampala, 2011
- Great Lakes Regional University, Kanungu, 2009
- Cavendish University Uganda, Kampala, 2008
- International Health Sciences University, Namuwongo, 2008
- International University of East Africa, Kansanga, 2011
- Kampala University, Ggaba, 2005. And finally,
- Islamic University in Uganda, Mbale, 1988
Other Top Private Universities in Uganda in 2022
- Kumi University, Kumi, 1996
- Livingstone International University, Mbale, 2011
- Muteesa I Royal University, Masaka, 2007
- Mountains of the Moon University, Fort Portal, 2005
- Nkumba University, Nkumba, 1999
- Nsaka University, Jinja, 2013
- St. Augustine International University, Kampala, 2012
- St. Lawrence University, Mengo, 2006
- University of Kisubi, Kisubi, 2004
- Uganda Pentecostal University, Fort Portal, 2005
- Uganda Technology And Management University, Kampala, 2012
- Victoria University Uganda, Kampala, 2012. And finally,
- Virtual University of Uganda, Kampala, 2011
You may also have a look at the top 10 best private universities in Kenya for the academic years 2022/2023.