First of all, most left handed people are perceived to be physically disadvantaged in the society. This is because there are about 85% right handed individuals globally while left handed people are only 15%. As a result, in this article, we’ll consequently explain to you the top 5 advantages that Left-handed people have over their right-handed counterparts.
However, studies have proven that there is nothing wrong with being left-handed. Even more, University of Toledo psychologist Stephen Christman recently explained this in Scientific American.
“There’s almost no evidence to suggest that lefties are at any sort of physical or psychological disadvantage”, he said.
As a result, below the Top 5 Advantages Left-handed people have over Right Handed individuals.
How Left-handed People Think and Their Added Advantages
- They are quick thinkers. This is because they are able to use both sides of their brains more easily and efficiently.
- Left handed people may be left-favouring in decision making. This is due to the fact that the hand one uses most may have effect on the way you judge.
- Their brain organizes emotions differently. Also, left-handers motivation were associated with greater activity in the right hemisphere of the brain, while the opposite was true of right-handers. This is according to a study published in the journal PLoS ONE.
- Again, Left-handed individuals are considered to be creative thinkers. Many experts and studies have suggested a link between left-handedness and creativity. Similarly, a research found out that lefties had the ability to think of many solutions to a single problem.
- And finally, left-handed individuals are more likely to pass a driving test. Statistics show that 57% of left-handers pass their driving test first time round, while right-handers only come in at 47%! Furthermore, some of the best drivers like Ayrton Senna and Valentino Rossiare are left-handed. Hence, if you have a left-handed driver, you a lucky indeed.