Top Best Chemical Engineering Universities in South Africa Currently.
Over 80% of all engineering courses are marketable and in demand not only in South Africa, but across the World. However, the study duration usually takes between 4½ to 6 years for undergraduates. Upon successful completion of a Chemical Engineering Degree, one may pursue a masters in Chemical Engineering for 3 years. Today, we shall list the top 10 best universities or university to study chemical engineering in South Africa.
First of all, we hope that you read our previous article on the best engineering universities in South Africa. Similarly, we had a latest report that highlighted the top 10 best universities in South Africa for the year 2020. Before we go further, it’s good to understand what chemical engineering studies entails.
In short, chemical engineering deals with the production, processing, and changeover of materials and chemicals into valuable merchandise’s.
Chemical Engineers Salary in South Africa
In South Africa, a qualified and accredited chemical engineer with over 5 years of experience earns R 55,000 per month. Certainly, chemical engineers in South Africa are assigned to ensure timely processing and proper functioning of manufacturing companies.
Cost of Studying Chemical Engineering in South Africa
Most individuals have been asking us how much does it cost to study chemical engineering in South Africa. The cost of studying chemical engineering in South Africa depends on whether it’s a diploma or a degree program. A Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering in South Africa costs ZAR 145,000 for the full tuition fees while the school fees for a diploma is ZAR 86500.
So, which is the best university to study chemical engineering in South Africa right now?
Best Chemical Engineering Universities in South Africa Today
- University of Cape Town, Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Durban University of Technology, Chemical Engineering.
- University of Pretoria, School of Chemical Engineering.
- Witwatersrand University, School of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal, Chemical Engineering program.
- University of South Africa, Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Tshwane University of Technology: Chemical, Metallurgical, and Materials Engineering Department.
- Vaal University of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Stellenbosch University: Department of Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering. And finally,
- Johannesburg Institute of Engineering and Technology (JIET), Chemical Engineering courses.
Last but not least, below are the best colleges to study chemical engineering courses in South Africa today.
Colleges offering Chemical Engineering Courses in South Africa
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Department Of Chemical Engineering
- Central Technical College, Chemical Engineering Program.
- Flavius Mareka TVET College, Chemical Engineering Program.
- Crane International Academy, Chemical Engineering course.
- Damelin Chemical Engineering Program. And finally,
- MOGA Department of Chemical Engineering.