List of top 10 best and licensed Car Insurance Companies in Kenya in 2023.
Having car insurance cover is one of the main things one should consider on the off chance you own a vehicle. When the validity of the certificate elapses, it’s most important to renew it immediately. This is because a loss or accident may occur unexpectedly and the police may want to assess your insurance coverage.
According to Kenya law, all operational cars on the roads (private or public), should have valid insurance coverage. Several licensed car insurance companies are ranked as the best in Kenya in 2023 today. Most of these companies issue Insurance certificates for both private and public service vehicles in Kenya. In Uganda, license insurance companies slightly vary in the packages offered.
Again, insurance cover rates vary depending on the amount of money spent to insure your car. For example, most insurance companies offer Gold, Silver, and Standard premium rates inclusive of Third-party liabilities.
Britam Life is now the number one insurance company in Kenya in 2023 with the largest market share
How much does one pay for car insurance in Kenya?
In Kenya, it will cost you between KShs 5,000 and KShs 10,000 per year to insure a car for third-party insurance coverage.
On the other hand, comprehensive insurance premium rates for a private car start from 3.2%. This is calculated by the value of the cars, the age of the car, and additional benefits included in the insurance policy.
Comprehensive car insurance in Kenya typically covers you for loss or damage from fire, theft, vandalism, accidental loss, natural crises, and damage caused by animals or falling objects (like a tree or hail).
Below is a list of the top 10 best car Insurance companies in Kenya in 2023. Have a look at the list beneath;
Top 10 Best Car Insurance Companies in Kenya 2023
- APA Car insurance. APA is the number 1 best car insurance company in Kenya in 2023 today.
- Jubilee Car Insurance. Jubilee Insurance is the second in the list of the top 10 best car insurance companies in Kenya in 2023 today.
- AAR Insurance.
- UAP Insurance.
- Next Insurance.
- Insurance Company of East Africa (ICEA).
- BRITAM Holdings. Britam Holdings is currently the best insurance company in Kenya for both life and non-life insurance policies.
- CIC Insurance Group Kenya.
- The Heritage Insurance Company Kenya Ltd.
- AIG Kenya. And finally,
- Allianz Insurance Kenya.
A recap of the advantages of being covered by the insurance companies listed above include;
- Maximum of 24 days accountable inclusive from the first three days.
- Special accident package for the nuclear family.
- Emergency and crisis cover.
- Trauma Counseling for individuals pertained to any mishap occurrences.
- Reinstatement of a misplaced ignition key.
- Involuntary ATM Withdrawal Maximum Limit of Ksh 15,000. And,
- 24hrs roadside aid or assistance across the country.