List of top 10 weakest currency in Africa in 2021 today. African countries have for a long time suffered from a mild currency crisis that’s contributed by monetary deficits, corruption, and so on. As such, this has led to the deterioration of most currencies in the continent. In our previous article, we covered the 10 strongest currencies in Africa for the year 2021. Today, we shall list the top 10 weakest, poorest, and lowest currencies in Africa in 2021.
Weakest currency in Africa today
The weakest, poorest, and lowest currency in Africa is the São Tomé and Príncipe Dobra. This is because of the currency depreciation steering to the expansion of the inflation ratio and inequality in debt payments.
Which currency has the lowest value in Africa?
São Tomé and Príncipe Dobra is the currency that has the lowest, worst performing, and weakest value in Africa in 2021 today. Sierra Leone is the second in the top 10 list of the weakest country currency in Africa in 2021 today.
In summary, we will list the name of the country’s currencies in Africa. Then, we will state the currency exchange rate of each of the currencies against the United States dollars. Have a look at the list below from our most recent discoveries of the worst performing currencies in Africa 2021.
Top 10 Weakest Currency/Currencies in Africa 2021 today
- São Tomé and Príncipe Dobra. 21,677.62 STD. It’s the currency that has the lowest value in Africa in 2021.
- Sierra Leone Leon. 9,739.86 SLL. It’s the second weakest currency in Africa in 2021 today.
- Guinean Franc. 9,436.90 GNF. It’s the 3rd lowest currency in Africa in 2021.
- Ugandan Shilling. 3,694.62 UGX. Ugandan Shilling is the worst-performing currency in East Africa in 2021 today.
- Malagasy Ariary. 3,649.70 MGA.
- Tanzania Shilling. 2,313.60 TZS.
- Burundian Franc. 1,901.23 BIF.
- Congolese Franc. 1,710.60 CDF.
- Rwandan Franc. 936.92 RWF. And finally,
- Malawian Kwacha. 737.48 MWK.
Certainly, according to the list above, the weakest and lowest currencies in Africa in 2021 comprises undeveloped countries.
Lastly, if you missed our previous post, here are the 10 weakest currencies in the world in 2021.