With the progression in legal programs in Kenya, there are various best accredited top law Universities for 2020 to 2021. However, not all of the law teaching universities in Kenya are accredited and approved by the Council of Legal Education. Hence, the reason as to why we shall educate you on the only licensed and approved law Universities in Kenya.
Firstly, in Kenya, any institutions planning to offer Law courses should apply to the Council of Legal Education for approval. This is according to the Legal Education Act of Kenya 2012 by the government. Hence, upon approval and licensing, the institution is accredited to offer the listed legal courses or programs. Most importantly, upon completion of the course from the approved university, the certificates are Valid and Honorable.
Certainly, an institution ought to adhere to the Governments Accreditation and Quality Assurance regulations that were stipulated in 2016. Rather, these involve a certain procedure for application(s) by any given learning institution. For example;
- Application for accreditation,
- Inspection approval,
- Accreditation, and finally,
- Issuance of the required License by the government.
NB: The Licenses are valid for a period of only 5 years at most before a paramount renewal requirement.
Accredited Top and Best Law Universities in Kenya 2020
- Kisii University, School of Law.
- The University of Embu, School of Law.
- Daystar University, School of Law, Valley Road Campus.
- Mt. Kenya University, School of Law, Parklands Campus.
- Kenyatta University, School of Law, Parklands Campus.
- Riara University, School of Law.
- Strathmore University, Law School.
- The Catholic University of Eastern Africa, School of Law.
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, School of Law, Karen Campus.
- Egerton University, School of Law.
- The University of Nairobi, School of Law, the Mombasa Campus.
- Kabarak University, School of Law. And finally,
- The University of Nairobi, School of Law, Parklands Campus.