Today, there are over 10 best and top universities and colleges accredited to offer law courses in Kenya in 2022. Some of the universities and schools are offering LLB or degrees in law while others do offer diploma courses in Kenya.
With the progression in legal programs in Kenya, there are various best accredited top law Universities from 2022 to 2025. However, not all of the law teaching universities in Kenya are accredited and approved by the Council of Legal Education. Hence, the reason why we shall educate you on the only licensed and approved law Universities in Kenya.
How to start a law school in Kenya
Firstly, in Kenya, any institutions planning to offer Law courses should apply to the Council of Legal Education for approval. This is according to the Legal Education Act of Kenya 2012 by the government. Hence, upon approval and licensing, the institution is accredited to offer the listed legal courses or programs. Most importantly, upon completion of the course from the approved university, the certificates are Valid and Honorable.
Certainly, an institution ought to adhere to the Governments Accreditation and Quality Assurance regulations that were stipulated in 2016. Rather, these involve a certain procedure for application(s) by any given learning institution. For example;
- Application for accreditation,
- Inspection approval,
- Accreditation, and finally,
- Issuance of the required License by the government.
NB: The Licenses are valid for a period of only 5 years at most before a paramount renewal requirement.
In summary, below is a list of the top 10 best and accredited universities that do offer law courses in Kenya from 2022 to 2027.
Top 10 accredited Law Universities in Kenya 2022
- Kisii University, School of Law. Kisii University offers both full-time and part-time law degree courses in Kenya.
- The University of Embu, School of Law in Kenya.
- Daystar University, School of Law, Valley Road Campus, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mt. Kenya University, School of Law, Parklands Campus.
- Kenyatta University, School of Law, Parklands Campus, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Riara University, School of Law.
- Strathmore University, Law School.
- The Catholic University of Eastern Africa, School of Law.
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, School of Law, Karen Campus.
- Egerton University, School of Law.
- The University of Nairobi, School of Law, the Mombasa Campus.
- Kabarak University, School of Law. And finally,
- The University of Nairobi, School of Law, Parklands Campus.