Table of Contents
The top 10 characteristics of a genius baby or intelligent child. IQ of a gifted child. Characteristics of an intelligent and genius child according to educational psychology.
Having a child with remarkable capabilities in a specific sphere of activity is one of the greatest happiness for any parent. But how can you identify some of these traits or qualities of a genius child? Today, we shall highlight some of the top 10 characteristics of an intelligent and genius baby child.
Definition of gifted child in Psychology
According to Psychology, a gifted child is one who’s inherently enriched with a high level of mental proficiency and incredible skills in a specific domain when compared to others of the same age.
What makes a child a genius
Studies have shown that the likelihood to have a gifted or genius child depends on the relationship between the child’s congenital endowment, and a decent environment in which the baby grows.
IQ of gifted child
A highly gifted child’s IQ will fall within the range of 145 to 160. A mildly gifted child’s IQ is between 115 to 130 while a moderately smart child’s IQ is between 130 to 145.
What are the characteristics of an intelligent child?
Nowadays, high curiosity level, problem-solving skills, and memory retention are the main characteristics of an intelligent and a gifted child.
Hence, if your child demonstrates a high curiosity level, problem-solving skills, and memory retention, then just know that you have a highly gifted child.
The 10 characteristics of a genius child
- High Curiosity Level. This is always evident by the many questions he or she keeps on asking.
- Quick learner with good memory retention.
- Ability to process new and complex information quickly.
- Strong imagination. Again, intelligent kids may spend time fantasizing and are often categorized as independent thinkers.
- Sense of humor. Gifted children are enjoyable to be around because many exhibits a sense of humor that goes well beyond their years.
- Problem Solving Skills. Most gifted children are imaginative and able to discover inventive clues to problems.
- Desire and excitement to learn new things.
- Sense of Justice. Intelligent children become enthusiastic about justice, sensitivity, and fairness at a very early age. Undoubtedly, this is one of the main characteristics of a genius baby child, and which goes on throughout their lives.
- More aware than other kids of the same age on various subjects like social situations, and global issues. And lastly on the top 10 characteristics of a genius baby child,
- Genius children are keen observers in various forms.
To sum up, the genius baby characteristics shared above are familiar in one way or another. However, it’s difficult to find a child with all the 10 characteristics of a genius in the world of today.
Written by: Stephen Steogict (ICT Mage).