In this article, we shall cover the top 10 poorest tribe or tribes and communities in Kenya in 2023 today. We hope that you are acquainted with all our latest news that is informative and educative. So, let’s jump-start today’s topic below.
First, the economic tough times in Kenya are on the rise. The first and foremost reason for this is the continued increase in corruption rates in the country. Hence, this has caused the costs of goods and services to increase. For example, basic needs like food, housing, and many more.
Also, climatic factors contributed to the rise in poverty levels in other regions of the country and the economy as a whole. These include the areas that encounter drought almost throughout the year. Similarly, heavy rains do affect agriculture, roads, and many other aspects of well-being. As such, most of the communities that live in those areas are considered the poorest tribes in Kenya.
Which is the poorest tribe in Kenya?
As of 2023 today, the Oromo, Maasai, and Turkana communities are the poorest tribes in Kenya. This is highly contributed to the lack of education, health facilities, and also, poor living standards.
Although they are the 2nd poorest, the Maasai is the most loved tribe in Kenya today. Besides, the Maasai is the tribe with the tallest men in Kenya.
According to a report by United Nations, North Eastern, and Nyanza provinces were the poorest regions in Kenya. On the other hand, Nairobi and the central regions were the richest in Kenya. The richest tribe in Kenya is the Embu. You may have a look at the full list of the Richest tribes in Kenya in 2023.
In summary, we shall list the poorest tribes in Kenya as of the year 2023. Certainly, our findings are based on several factors. For example, health, living standards, access to clean water, electricity, education, and many more. Have a look at the discoveries beneath.
Top 10 Poorest Tribes in Kenya 2023
1. Oromo. It’s the poorest tribe in Kenya from 2018 to 2023. This is because it’s one of the smallest and most marginalized communities in Kenya.
2. Maasai. The Maasai community is second on the list of the top 10 poorest communities and tribes in Kenya in 2023. This is to the factors we mentioned above that we assessed in developing the list. For example, living standards, access to clean water, electricity, education, and so on.
3. Turkana. Likewise, the Turkana community could not miss on the list of the top 10 poorest tribes in Kenya in 2023. However, we hope that the community will soon benefit from the Oil discovery on their land. Furthermore, investors are focusing on developing the county to boost business productivity.
4. Rendile tribe in Kenya.
5. Okiek. The Okiek tribe is fifth on the list of the top 10 poorest communities in Kenya in 2023. Also,
6. Digo tribe or community.
7. Chonyi tribe in Kenya.
8. Mamukonde tribe in Kenya (from Rwanda).
9. Kauma tribe in Kenya. And finally,
10. Ribe tribe in Kenya. It’s also on the list of the poorest tribes in Kenya right now.
Lastly, here are the top 10 richest countries in Africa in 2023.