There are several weird happenings across every country and continent across the world. Some of them are interesting while others are actually unusual and strange. In this article, we shall list 14 odd and interesting facts about Africa that everyone wished they read up. The list comprises of just a few for the day in Africa. Keep checking on this link FACTS for more interesting topics across the world of today.
14 Odd Facts About Africa Everyone Wished They Read Up
- Isaiah Afwerki, the President of Eritrea, is the least richest President in Africa.
- Ethiopia is the country with the fastest growing economy in Africa since 2013 to 2020. Furthermore, it’s the country with most airports in Africa.
- The Republic of Gambia has only one public University.
- Equatorial Guinea is the only Spanish speaking country in Africa.
- Nigeria is the African country with numerous wealthiest blacks in Africa.
- Additionally, Nigeria has won many football cups than England when compared.
- The late Robert Mugabe, President of Zimbabwe, is the most educated president in the World. This is because he had 5 Bachelor’s Degrees, and 2 Masters certificates.
- Similarly, Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State, born in 1924.
- Al-Ahly FC of Egypt is the richest football club in Africa for 12 years consecutive.
- Johannesburg in South Africa is the extensively visited city in Africa. Moreover, it’s the city that has won the most Grammy Awards in Africa.
- Seychelles are the most educated Africans with a literacy rate of 92% and 99% for adults and youths respectively.
- Former South African President Jacob Zuma was once a referee (in prison).
- Last but not least, Rwanda upholds gender equality more than the United States, and England. And finally,
- The Somalia nation received its first ATM on the 7th of October in 2014.